No, you will receive a module handbook during the first week of teaching on each of the modules you study with us. These modular handbooks will provide you with a reading list including core texts and recommended reading but you are not required to complete any reading before the start of the module.
Our Campus Library stocks a wide range of books that you can borrow for free. However, it may be worth investing in Key Texts used for a module. Information on these key readings will be available in your Module Handbook when you attend your first Lecture.
Arrival and orientation begins the week commencing Monday 17th September 2012. Please visit this link for further details.
Teaching begins the following week – Monday 24th September 2012.
Teaching timetables will be sent to you via email, when you have confirmed your module registration. For each module you study with our School you will attend the lecture and one seminar group. Lectures and seminars usually take place on the same day. Below are links to our timetables for modules at levels 4, 5 & 6. Please note that you will only be assigned to one seminar for each module. Not all modules timetabled are available to associate students (POL105, POL103B & POL310 are not available to associate students).
Provisional 1st Year Timetable:
1st Year Timetable (level 4 modules) [PDF 15 KB]
2nd Year Timetable (level 5 modules)
Final Year Timetable (Level 6 modules)
Please visit this link for the College’s full directory of modules.
Most of our Modules are assessed by both Coursework (written assignments) and end of year examination. The weightings of each may vary between modules, for example coursework could constitute 25% of the total assessment and the Examination the remaining 75%
These and others details will be provided in your Module Handbook, which you will receive on the first Lecture of each module. You can also find the assessment weighting information for each module by visiting the College’s Full directory of modules.
Reading week occurs once each semester. It is a week in which all teaching is suspended to allow students to focus on their independent studies and get caught up.
Reading weeks are scheduled for:
Semester A: 5th - 9th November 2012
Semester B: 18th- 22nd February 2013
QMPlus is the University’s online learning environment, which you will have access to when you are fully enrolled and registered for modules. Each module you study will have its own individual area on QMPlus giving you access to various information including the module handbook, lecture handouts, extra readings, announcements etc.
You will also need to submit electronic copies of your assignments via the QMPlus site.
You will be given an introductory QMPlus session during the Welcome Week.
MySIS is the University’s student information system, which will hold your student record. You will use it when registering for your modules, accessing your result transcripts and various other things throughout your studies. It is important to keep your contact details on MySIS constantly up to date, so that we are able to relay important information to you.
Yes, our School is active on both sites.
If you have a question that isn’t listed here, please email Jason Salucideen – who will be happy to help.
If Jason is not around, please feel free to contact any of our Administrative staff.