Start date: September 2015
Programme duration: 1 year (full time), 2 years (part time)
Fees (2014/15 entry): £6,250 (Home/EU); £13,500 (International).
o An upper-second class honours degree or equivalent in Politics or a related discipline.
o IELTS 7.0 or equivalent is required. For further information about our English language requirements click here.
- Can, or should, global business practices be regulated?
- What political power do transnational companies exercise in world affairs?
- Does the recent banking/ financial crisis signify the decline of neoliberalism?
If you are interested in some of these questions, and want to know more, then the MSc in International Business and Politics is the programme for you. This innovative MSc draws on the strengths of faculty in the School of Politics and International Relations and in the School of Business Studies to provide a truly inter-disciplinary perspective on the relationship between business and politics from an international perspective. You will explore the changing relationship between states and markets, international institutions of global political-economic governance, transnational companies, work, geo-politics, industrialisation and development. The programme will provide you with a set of cutting-edge analytical skills and knowledge that will allow you to think talk and write critically about contemporary international issues, as well as providing a firm foundation for further study.
Why study with us?
- Queen Mary is a member of The Russell Group which represents the leading UK universities committed to the very best research, an outstanding teaching and learning experience, and unrivalled links with business and the public sector
- The School of Politics and International Relations at Queen Mary was rated amongst the top 20 Politics departments in the UK in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise
- Develop advanced and rigorous understandings of the politics of international business through various intellectual perspectives, mainstream and critical
- An innovative and flexible programme with a large number of optional modules
- Taught by research active faculty members who are responding to the very latest global events
- An internationally diverse staff and student body
- Close to the heart of UK politics, the School enjoys close links to practitioners in London
he core module for this programme is:
The compulsory modules for this programme are:
|Political Analysis||International Human Resource Management|
|Approaches to Political Economy||World Economy and Development|
You will also select elective modules from the following: