Research topic: EU decentralised agencies and the transfer of practices and norms to the Neighbourhood: Integration through transnational functional cooperation?
The transfer and institutionalisation of EU norms and practices (Social constructivism, New institutionalism), The European Neighbourhood Policy, EU decentralised agencies, Transgovernmental sectoral cooperation and integration (Neo-medievalism, Global governance), The role of discursive, normative and cognitive frames in policy-making, The concept of Europe / ‘European identity’ (Phenomenology, Post-structuralism, Post-colonialism).
- MA Global History and Global Studies (Vienna, Austria)
- MSc Security and Defence Studies (Budapest, Hungary)
- BSc Security and Defence Studies (Budapest, Hungary)
Work experience: David works as a research assistant with Professor Adam Fagan as well as the Centre for European Research, and as an editorial assistant with East European Politics. Outside of the academia, he has gained work experience with the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA), the European Medicines Agency (EMA), the United Nations (UNODC), as well as in a European Commission funded research project.
- Academic Association for Contemporary European Studies (UACES)
- Political Studies Association (PSA)
- British Association for Slavonic and Eastern European Studies (BASEES)